We are having a canned pet food drive from August 31 – September 4 to help the SPCA. Please send in canned dog and cat food. You can also visit us at First Friday in Munn Park. #WhyBlake? we love animals!
School got off to a great start last week. All students are expected to be in their seats ready to learn by 7:45. We can’t wait to see you next week!
In an effort to minimize distractions and increase learning, this year at Blake all cell phones and other electronic devices are to be away in a backpack while on campus. Electronics may be used for educational purposes during class if the teacher has allowed it. Any emergency communications can be made by calling the office.
At Blake Academy we believe students need to dress for success. To make sure all of our students look their best at school we have updated our Dress Code Policy for the 2015 -2016 school year. Check it out by clicking 2015-16 Dress Code Policy. Parents may purchase polo uniform shirts (cash only) in the Blake Office for a two weeks period from July 27 – August 6 between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Click 1516 dress code letter to learn more about our summer uniform shirt sale and other places you can buy school shirts this year.
Find out everything you need to know about what your child is doing at school in one easy place, the parent portal. Already signed up for the Parent Portal? Click here to log in. Need to get signed up? Click here for the Parent_Portal_PIN_Request_Form. Want to learn more? Click here.
We need your input to make Blake Academy a better place for everyone. Please click on the appropriate link below and share your opinions. Thank you for your time.
- Parent/Guardian survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ParentCS2015
- Parent/Guardian survey in Spanish: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ParentCS2015SP
- Students grades 6-12: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CS2015ScndStdnt
- Students Grades 6-12 in Spanish: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SecClimate2015SP
- Students Grades K-5: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ElemCS2015
- Students Grade K-5 in Spanish: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ElemCS2015SP
Accelerated Programs | Staff | Polk County Public Schools
All Polk County Public Schools provide educational options that provide academically challenging curriculum or accelerated instruction to all eligible K-12 students and inform parents and students of these options. As defined by this legislation, Academically Challenging Curriculum to Enhance Learning (ACCEL) options must include:
- whole grade and mid-year promotion
- subject matter acceleration
- virtual instruction in higher level grade subjects
- a high school Credit Acceleration Program (CAP) via End of Course Exams (EOC)
Parent/Guardian must contact their child’s school to submit a Request for Academic Acceleration form prior to June 11th to request acceleration screening for placement the following school year.
Click Accelerated Letter May 2015 to read the letter about ACCEL from Superintendent LeRoy.